Photo by suzettesuzette
So it really only occurred to me today . . . We will spend close to 1/3 of our lives in a bedroom.
So I might have been slow to figure that out, but you know how scientists are always saying “25% of your life will be spent looking at grass” or “18.2% of your life will be spent blinking,” blah, blah, blah?
I am not a numbers girl. What can I say? Why use numbers over words? Most of that info goes in one ear and out the other.
Needless to say, it was a bit of a shock when I did the math. Yep. The scientists are right. Since we’re encouraged to spend 8 hours sleeping every day, it adds up. With the exception of mothers (who likely spend only 1/4 of ther lives in their own rooms) most of us will be spending a lot of time in those four walls.
So why not make the bedroom the very best it can be?
1. Put the TV in another room! (Or toss it completely.)
2. Keep dirty clothes at bay.
3. Shut the closet door.
4. Bust the clutter like a devil busts dirt.
5. Improve the scent.
6. Paint the walls a soothing color. (White is not soothing.)
7. Avoid over-accessorizing.
8. Clear the floor.
9. Put all paper out of sight.
10. Go easy on the number of furniture pieces.
Keep it simple.