Photo by tableatny
Happy Friday! Let’s kick off a contest.
One week ago today, my first book launched. I say “first” because there are a few more ideas rattling around that I may put to paper next. We’ll see.
I appreciate–more than you can imagine–the show of support I have received from my friends and family. Promoting the book is something I need help with. I’m as good a salesman as I am a dentist.
[Insert a wail of distress.]
Which brings me to you. I am looking to get the word out that the book is finished. Our publishing company has graciously allowed profits to go to our adoption expenses if the book is bought here. Ridiculously kind, really. We have miles to go before our adoption expenses are paid.
So here is where the contest comes in. Each time you do one of the following things, your name will be added to the hat. [Scroll down to see the prize.]
1. “Like” the page where the book was announced by scrolling to the bottom. (You may need to click on “comments” to choose the “like” button).
2. Share the page where the book was announced in a Facebook status.
3. Simply talk about the book in a Facebook status.
4. Encourage someone to check out the book (in any way you choose).
5. Get creative and do your own promotion of the book. (I would LOVE to see what you come up with!) I would be honored to write a guest post if you run a blog.
I need your help to tell people the book is available. Whether or not you have any plans to read it, I ask you to consider sharing the news with your friends on my behalf. (I ask on bended knee, really.) It would mean more than you know. And it will go a long way in bringing our little fellow home.
Here is the prize: I will send you a book with a personalized note from Luke and me–written to anyone you choose (perhaps you know someone who could benefit from a book on waiting?)–and tucked inside the book, you will find a $20 gift card to Bed Bath & Beyond.
Two of my worlds colliding–home and reading!
Please leave a comment on either this page or the page where the book was announced letting me know what you did and how many times your name should be added to the hat.
The contest ends 1 week from today: midnight, Friday, July 1st.