The photo above is of a dwelling here in Bangkok. There are several homes like this throughout the city.
Tonight, I’d like to share 10 things I’ve learned in Thailand, in no particular order.
1. The motorbikes outnumber the cars at least 10 to 1.
2. On the above-said motorbikes, women ride “side saddle.”
3. At the street vendors, people buy soda in bags. As in … they pour soda into a plastic bag and stick a straw in it.
4. The McDonald’s restaurants in Thailand serve apple pies, cherry pies, and tuna fish pies.
5. Thais smile … a lot.
6. Thai people would rather do anything than tell you bad news. So, even if the news is bad, it sounds good.
7. There are over 50,000 restaurants in Bangkok. People here like to eat.
8. The driving here is crazy, but I’ve only seen 1 accident so far … and it involved an American driver.
9. It costs roughly 80 U.S. dollars a year to attend the local university. (Less than the price of my college psychology textbook.)
10. I love this city more than I ever thought I could.